I know this album has been leaked for two weeks now, but since it's not released until August 19th, I figured it would still be worth it to post. In case you haven't heard, Jaguar Love features Jay Clark (of Pretty Girls Make Graves) and Johnny Whitney and Cody Votolato (of The Blood Brothers). Their debut album,
Take Me To The Sea, isn't so much a mixture of both bands as it is a less aggressive version of The Blood Brothers. It's hard to shake The Blood Brothers reference point at all really, since Whitney's vocals are so memorable. Musically speaking though, straightforward drum beats are mixed with dancey bass lines, as snakey guitars distort and shape each track, giving the album a very Q And Not U feel to it overall. "Bats Over The Pacific Ocean" is one of the early gems on
Take Me To The Sea, utilizing tambourine and brushes of acoustic guitar to compliment Whitney's high-pitched squeals. Other standouts are the ballad-like, "Georgia," the all-over-the-place epic, "Humans Evolve Into Skyscrapers," and the Prince-reminiscent "Bonetrees and a Broken Heart." While there are a few throwaway tracks here and there,
Take Me To The Sea is a pretty decent debut and will definitely interest fans of the members' former bands.
DOWNLOAD:
Jaguar Love - Take Me To The Sea [
Matador]
Recommended Tracks: "Highways of Gold," "Bats Over The Pacific Ocean," "Bonetrees And A Broken Heart," "My Organ Sounds Like...".
2 comments:
What a awful artwork!
I think this is a solid album, but then again, the Blood Brothers are pretty much my favorite band of all time. Well, top five, anyway. I miss Jordan Blilie's voice in this sound. I think they were magic together (he and Johnny).
Post a Comment