Today, July 8th, Pop Apocalypse turned one years old! Well, technically, it's been around since January 2007 when I created it for a school project, but in its current incantation, it's been a year since I decided to start it back up again. I'm really shocked that it has lasted this long, especially since it was something I just started for fun. If you're interested in reading about the history of Pop Apocalypse, be sure to check out this article I wrote a few months ago when the original site was deleted. Of course, a blog is nothing without its readers and I just want all of you to know how much I appreciate you bookmarking the site, emailing me, joining my last.fm group, commenting, checking it on a daily basis, and etc. Even those of you that choose to leave negative comments, I want to thank you as well. This wouldn't be as fun for me if I didn't have my readers (and my haters) constantly providing their input and opinions about the content I post.
This past year has been awesome. Here's to (hopefully) another great year!
-Anna Apocalypse.
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

27 comments:
Congrats. Truly a great site. I check it every day!
congrats anna.
always a loyal reader.
anthony
fuck yeah,
you rock
ms. apocalypse ; )
-sophia
thank you for this fisrt year of apocalyspe!
every.
single.
day.
Thanks for the blog - has opened my ears to some new stuff which is always welcome. Keep it up!
It's been a great year for music and I'm able to enjoy it mostly because of you. Thanks.
Congrats! And congrats on The Botticellis review over at Pitchfork.
Rotch,
Thanks! Our 7" with them is coming out August 19th! So excited.
-Anna.
Thank you, girl. I read your reviews and download accordingly. I've found some new loves because of you.
Long time reader, first time poster...
Happy Birf-day Pop Apocalype!!! You are growing up so fast...
no thanks. you suck
Congrats and great job I always enjoy reading your blog and opening my ears up to new music. keep up the great work
Happy birthday. Congrats, Anna. Keep it reals.
Hooray! Yeah... not too many blogs are "daily reads" for me, but yours is one of 'em.
"...And many moooore..."
Personally, I miss the original Pop Apocalypse of the CatScan days. But, I mean, I guess this is ok too.
PS I'm dragging my roommates with me to see Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin on Monday because of you. They say thanks.
Brittany,
Hahah, oh the Catscan days! I totally saw a Jay Rochlin lookalike on the train today, wearing an Arizona hat. I did a double-take, but it sadly wasn't him. :(
Enjoy Boris Yeltsin! They're a lot of fun.
-Anna.
for god's sake, enough self congratulating! I mean wow, what an achievement- stolen music and grade school level writing. you must be proud
hey eye,
stop being such a d-bag.
Anna I check the blog everyday, and have gotten into some great bands based on your recommendations.
Much thanks
Congrats, Anna! And thanks for all of your hard work.
Here's to another great year.
hey, Anna. what happened, your daddy didn't hug you enough when you were a kid? you really need this much attention? I agree with eYe on the constant self congratulating. you're nothing but a low level, two bit thief, only one step up from these bottomfeeders that think you're so great. nothing to be proud of and it is certainly not hard work.
Spaceman,
Constant self congratulating? It's not like I make a post a month, patting myself on the back for what I do. In fact, this post is THE ONLY ONE I HAVE EVER MADE that could be consider "self congratulatory." Also, did I ever say that this was "hard work?" I don't believe so. In fact, if you read over the article I linked, I specifically talk about HOW EASY it is.
And if you consider me to be so "low level" and nothing but a "two bit thief," then why are you even wasting your time on my blog? It's funny, when I think about all the haters like you that come here just to harass me, because there are certainly things that I don't like on the internet, but I don't go seeking them out just to badmouth them. Nope, I have a life, which is much more interesting than sitting on the internet trying to come up with insults for someone that you don't even know.
-Anna.
I <3 Annas Rebutle! You guys come here to get music just like us! Yet hate on the person helping you out wiht it. Keep it up Anna! You make my days go by better cause i always have a new album to listen to at work! NOW WHERES THE NEW "FAINT"!?!?!?! LOL anyway congrats and keep it up!
yay! happy burfday! show us those titties!!
happy birthday! keep up the good work!
From Jarvis Cocker to Spaceman and Eye "cunts are ruining this blog" why don't you piss off and get you music from Wal-Mart.
Good job Anna - dont let the bastards get you down
Happy birthday, Anna! Good job with everything. I was actually relieved to find out that you were still here. I panicked when i heard that you were asked to shutdown your site. But you're still here and that's great!
Cheers to you for sharing the music.
As for you people who keep harassing Ms. Apocalypse, go fuck yourselves.
Post a Comment