In honor of today's
limited release date of
500 Days Of Summer, I decided to post the incredibly indietastic soundtrack to the film. Although I usually cringe at films that namedrop bands in every other sentence (I'm looking at you,
Juno and
Garden State), the adorable Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel made it impossible for me to ignore this film. I may or may not have been looking forward to it all summer long. Anyway, the soundtrack is pretty much what you'd expect, a few Regina Spektor and Feist songs, some older stuff (The Smiths, Hall and Oates, Simon & Garfunkel), and the obligatory questionable choice (Wolfmother). There is, however, one compelling reason to download it, and that is the She & Him cover of The Smiths classic, "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want." It's barely over two minutes long, but Zooey Deschanel's voice sounds great covering any classic. Besides the obvious favorites, other songs that stand out on this soundtrack are The Temper Trap's shoegazey "Sweet Disposition," defunct Brit-poppers Mumm-Ra and their jammy pop nugget, "She's Got You High," and Meaghan Smith's charming cover of The Pixies song, "Here Comes Your Man." If you have any interest in
500 Days Of Summer at all, the lesser known songs on this soundtrack definitely make it worth a download.
DOWNLOAD:
V/A - 500 Days Of Summer OST [
Sire/
WEA]
Recommended Tracks: The Temper Trap - "Sweet Disposition," Mumm-Ra - "She's Got You High," She & Him - "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want."
2 comments:
i like your blog :)
nice stuff
i agree so much with the juno/garden state comment. i love this movie/jgl/zooey but actually liked wolfmother, hah.
Post a Comment