Monday, November 17, 2008

Vetiver - More Of The Past EP

Earlier this year, Vetiver released the covers album, Thing Of The Past, with renditions of classics by Loudon Wainwright III, Townes Van Zandt, and Hawkwind, among others. Apparently the boys of Vetiver couldn't get enough of covering older songs, because they just released their More Of The Past EP last week. Only five tracks long, the EP works as a nice supplement to the album (although it was originally planned to be a precursor to it) and actually includes a few tracks that I wish they would've included on the album. "See You Tonight" is a catchy jam with soothing harmonies and "Hey Doll Baby" is the doo-wop highlight of the EP, with a strong focus on singer Andy Cabic's boppy folk vocals. I don't know exactly why Vetiver felt they needed to release another five cover songs, but I'm definitely glad they did.

DOWNLOAD: Vetiver - More Of The Past EP [Gnomonsong]
Recommended Tracks: "See You Tonight," "Hey Doll Baby," "Just To Have You."

No comments: