Before you comment and complain, I am fully aware that
No Rest For Ghosts is not a new or leaked album. But because we're getting to the end of 2008 and the number of leaks for the rest of the year is quite limited, I thought I would start a new series where I post my favorite fall albums when I don't have any leaks to share. Minus Story's fantastic fourth album, 2005's
No Rest For Ghosts, has been one of my favorite fall albums for the past few years, made even more fitting by the fact that it was actually released in October. Singer Jordan Geiger's eerie whine sets a dark tone for the album, which is further underscored by jumpy piano melodies ("I Was Hit"), brooding guitars ("Ringing In The Dark"), and off-kilter percussion ("Knocking On Your Head"). With equally dark lyrics as well,
No Rest For Ghosts was practically made for the fall season. I don't think I've ever listened to this album when it wasn't getting dark at 5 p.m. each night. If you're in need of some new (old) music this time of year, stop your search and download
No Rest For Ghosts already. It's an excellent album from a band that deserves much more critical acclaim and attention.
DOWNLOAD:
Minus Story - No Rest For Ghosts [
Jagjaguwar]
Recommended Tracks: "I Was Hit," "Ringing In The Dark," "Little Wet Head," "Waking Up."
2 comments:
Thanks for reminding me about this album! Minus Story is such a great fall band. Listening to them right now.
Excellent album. I really hope they tour again soon, because they are such a great live band. This band should be huge!
Post a Comment