Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Fall Favorite: Mazarin - We're Already There

Most of the Fall Favorite albums that I've highlighted so far this month have been pretty depressing (Elliott Smith, anyone?); so, to combat that, I decided to feature Mazarin's excellent psych-pop record, 2005's We're Already There. Although the Philadelphia band is currently nameless (let's hope Black Stoltzfus doesn't stick!), their third full length still stands strong as a great record from a band that more people should be paying attention to. Every fall season needs that great pop gem of a record and I propose to you right now to take We're Already There into immediate consideration. There's catchy as fuck tracks ("For Energy Infinite"), earnest songwriting ("See You In The Evening"), and even weird instrumentals ("Schroed(er)/Inger") thrown into the mix to keep things interesting and bring a bit of excitement to the shitty weather and decreasing temperatures outside. Mazarin may appear to be just another indie-pop band on the surface (toured with Rogue Wave, BFF with The Walkmen, etc), but if you dig a bit deeper, you'll find yourself surrounded by music that is so charming that it's impossible to ignore. Mazarin put their own spin on the genre, and if We're Already There is any indication, one can definitely expect even greater things from them in the future.

DOWNLOAD: Mazarin - We're Already There [I And Ear Records]
Recommended Tracks: "For Energy Infinite," "Another One Goes By," "See You In The Evening," "Ne Winter."

1 comment:

mangrenade said...

YES! Love this one. "Louise" is my any day song.