Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Los Campesinos/Times New Viking/No Age Split 7" - Shred Yr Face

Last month, Los Campesinos, Times New Viking, and No Age embarked on the Shred Yr Face tour in the UK. In addition to the mind-melting performances the three bands churned out every evening, they also decided to put out a special Shred Yr Face 7" to commemorate the occasion. Although this 7" is super rare and was only available on their tour and at some select record stores in London, it has surfaced on the internet, just like, well, everything else does. Los Campesinos start the 7" off with a Napoleon III remix of "Death To Los Campesinos!" which is just as boppy and fun as the original album track. No Age are next with their contribution, "Revolving Credit For Kitty," a murky noise track, originally from their Deleted Art-issued EP. Times New Viking close out the 7" with their cover of "Anything Could Happen," from New Zealand power-pop band, The Clean. If you weren't able to catch the Shred Yr Face tour last month and you don't frequent London-area record shops daily (or, um, ever), here's your chance to check out this limited 7" by three great up and coming bands.

DOWNLOAD: Los Campesinos/Times New Viking/No Age Split 7" - Shred Yr Face
Recommended Tracks: "Death To Los Campesinos! (Napoleon III Remix)," "Anything Could Happen."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sendspace is awful. Why don't you use mediafire?

Anna Apocalypse said...

I used to use Mediafire, but it keeps making my firefox browser freeze now for some reason.

-Anna

Lukas said...

I'm pretty bummed that this is a UK-only tour; I really want to see LC!
What'd you think of We Are Beautiful...?
I thought it was better than the first full length, but still not what I think an optimum LC! album would be (probably an EP).

Anna Apocalypse said...

LC has come to Chicago a few times, but I always miss their shows for some reason. Stupid. We Are Beautiful was good, but I liked Youngster a lot better. The EP will always be my favorite though.