When Asobi Seksu's second album,
Citrus, was released in summer 2006, I knew instantly upon hearing it that it would be one of my favorites for years to come. What I didn't realize until a little bit later was just how perfect this album was for the fall season. The soft shoegaze sound seems like it was practically written with autumn in mind, specifically the soaring guitars on the intro to "New Years," the epically gorgeous "Red Sea" (my personal favorite), and the thoughtful atmospheric nature of "Thursday." I don't know how Asobi Seksu will be able to top
Citrus when they release their new album,
Hush, on February 17th next year, but until then,
Citrus is more than enough--especially for this time of year.
DOWNLOAD:
Asobi Seksu - Citrus [
Friendly Fire]
Recommended Tracks: "New Years," "Thursday," "Red Sea," "Nefi+Girly."
1 comment:
thursday could be one of my favorite tracks, love it so much. Asobi Seksu also has one of the most inviting and exciting album covers as of late. really artsy
Post a Comment