A few weeks ago, I posted Sebastien Grainger's EP,
American Names, a four song teaser to his self-titled full length that came out last week. I was immediately hooked from the catchy title track and naturally assumed that his full length would be just as attention-grabbing.
Sebastien Grainger & The Mountains may pick up right where
American Names left off, but unfortunately Grainger's formulaic pop tricks don't hold up that well for the entire forty-five minute album. There's no denying that he's a talented songwriter and knows the ins and outs of writing a great hook ("Love Can Be So Mean," "I Hate My Friends"), but who wants twelve tracks that sound almost exactly the same? Despite his missteps, there are still a handful of worthwhile tracks that keep the album afloat, but don't expect it to have much staying power.
DOWNLOAD:
Sebastien Grainger & The Mountains - Self-Titled [
Saddle Creek]
Recommended Tracks: "Love Can Be So Mean," "I Hate My Friends," "(Are There) Ways To Come Home?," "American Names."
3 comments:
this album leaked weeks ago.
personally i think its a great album.
Anna, could you hook us up with Little Joy?
Thanks.
too bad he's such a twat.
Post a Comment