Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ryan Adams & The Cardinals - Cardinology

Many things in life make me happy, and two of those things just happen to be Ryan Adams' tumblr blog and the fact that he gratuitously posts pictures of himself looking, uh, very attractive. But I digress, for it is Ryan Adams and The Cardinals' new album, Cardinology, that we are here to discuss. Due out on Oct. 28th, Cardinology is Adams' fourth album with The Cardinals and his tenth full length overall. Although I generally prefer Adams' work without The Cardinals rather than with, Cardinology is a solid effort for the most part. Tracks like "Go Easy" and "Fix It" are rousing alt-country jams that touch upon lost love, while being further strengthened by Adams' powerful vocals. The album does hit a sour note though, with "Magick," a rather corny song that compares magic to listening to music. How novel! Thankfully, the rest of Cardinology pulls itself together to churn out a few more decent tracks ("Cobwebs," "Crossed Out Name," and "Sink Ships.") It may not be the best album from Mr. Adams, but Cardinology is far from awful.

DOWNLOAD: Ryan Adams & The Cardinals- Cardinology [Lost Highway]
Recommended Tracks: "Go Easy," "Fix It," "Cobwebs," "Crossed Out Name," "Stop."

2 comments:

Andrew Kenyon said...

Where did you find this version of the cover art? It's incredible.

Anna Apocalypse said...

It's the cover art for the vinyl version. I liked it better than the CD artwork, so I decided to post it instead.

-Anna.