When "Gobbledigook," the first single for Sigur Rós' fifth album,
Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust, was released last week, I knew it would be love at first listen for me with this album. Due out June 23rd, Sigur Rós have said in interviews that they took a looser approach to writing and recording the new album, having been inspired by the acoustic nature of their double-album,
Hvarf-Heim, from last year. Also interesting, this album is being released exactly one month after it was completed. All of this is pretty amazing, since
Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust is perhaps the most beautiful album that has come out thus far in 2008. For such a loosely recorded album, it sounds very well put together. Each song is wonderfully crafted with only the sort of quiet aplomb and majestic courage that one can expect from a band like Sigur Rós. The greatest thing about this album though is the fact that Sigur Rós appear to have broken out of their depressing shell. I've never really thought of them as an optimistic band, but it's safe to say that this album has completely changed my opinion. It's an incredibly uplifting and inspiring hour of music that calms and perplexes the listener all at the same time. Overall,
Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust is a fantastic addition to Sigur Rós' discography and definitely on course to be one of the best albums of the year.
DOWNLOAD:
Sigur Rós - Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust [
EMI/
XL]
Recommended Tracks: "Gobbledigook," "Inní mér syngur vitleysingur," "Festival," "Ára bátur."
25 comments:
i've been lzng to this all day! so good...
Agreed, this is amazing. Definitely shaping up to be my favourite Sigur album! I'm sure a few more listens will confirm it =P
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fantastic album. Thanks a lot, Anna. I love the looser feel.
Anyone a high quality leak?
Am I the only one hearing DMB in "Gobbledigook".. .
Well this is amazing. Thank you.
In other news, you've heard of this Stars Like Fleas, yes. Is there a leak of their "The Ken Burns Effect" that is up for grabs anywhere?
Again, this is wonderful. Thank you, Anna.
"Am I the only one hearing DMB in 'Gobbledigook'..."
^ Blasphemy.
Apparently this one is a 320 kbps version: http://www.megaupload.com/it/?d=RVKMK6UI
Nevermind, it sounds like a transcode to me.
My wife suggested DMB when listening to "Gobbledigook" as well.
I can hear it, too.
boooring :(
hi anna,
caught a glimpse of Microcastle's cover art in your "currently listening to". could you share it on a bigger size? i can't find it anywhere else.
thanks
Rotch,
I don't think it's the official artwork, I found it on Deerhunter's MySpace. It shows up on their music player when you click on a song.
-Anna.
thanks Anna,
loving the sigur rós album. they came to mexico over the weekend. played for only 40 minutes because gorry the drummer felt sick... saddest story ever.
I mean , I don't WANT to hear DMB in there [and I'm damn sure Sigur et al have no idea who / what that is] - but it IS in there.
Across the street - this new Lil' Wayne has some jams ["Mr. Carter"].
[k]
DMB & Animal Collective in "Gobbledigook."
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Yeah, def. Animal Collective in "Gobbledigook," the rest of this album disappoints in that regard, though the second track is pretty great too. "Festiva" is business-as-usual for Sigur Ros, the lyrics to "All Alright," that very first English-language song, are pretty unimpressive, and a lot of the back nine of "Meo Suo, etc." sounds very same'y. (waitin' to hear from you Anna, site's comin' along nicely, but it needs some content ;) )
hey anna,
i've been looking for The Field's "from here we go sublime.". would you happen to have a link?
lauren
DMB!! I don't think Dave Matthews Band would ever play with Sigur Ros. Haha
new Faint, anyone.. ?
i hope i love this.
Lauren, here's The Field:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fabcxa0yxq4
Anna,
Is this a 128 kbps transcode?
http://www.megaupload.com/it/?d=RVKMK6UI
It sounds good, in mine opinion!
yeah, this is basically sort of boring.
it's hard to NOT compare their more recent work to (), but man, that's a fabulous record.
i still think they're riding the waves of their reputation before/after that record's release.
i mean, if this record were released today, cold, without any of the previous work, this record would basically get skipped over. but, eh, that's my opinion.
other than that, any links for the new black devil disco club release? pretty stoked to check it out.
Post a Comment