For the past three years, I've been eagerly awaiting new music from The Thermals. Their last album, 2006's
The Body, The Blood, The Machine, was an instant classic and one of the only concept albums I've heard in recent years that hasn't failed miserably. Due out on April 7th,
Now We Can See is their fourth album and another great addition to their discography. According to lead singer Hutch Harris, the album plays off of a leitmotif of "songs from when we were alive," which is clear from just the song titles alone ("When I Died," "When We Were Alive," and etc). Kicking things off with the guitar-crunch of "When I Died,"
Now We Can See continues musically in the vein of
The Body, The Blood, The Machine and doesn't let up for one second (save for the melodic down-strumming of "At The Bottom Of The Sea.") Harris' punk rock cries, the crashing cymbals, and the insightful lyrics are really the center of this album, and any fan of The Thermals' past work will love
Now We Can See. If you're still on the lookout for a fun spring album, it's about time you let The Thermals win you over.
DOWNLOAD:
The Thermals - Now We Can See [
Kill Rock Stars]
Recommended Tracks: "When I Died," "We Were Sick," "Now We Can See," "When We Were Alive," "How We Fade."
3 comments:
thanks anna love the review, the body, the blood, and the machine is one of my all-time favorite records
I got this a couple of days ago, and have not been able to stop listening to it. Perfect spring album, agree with you completely, Anna.
yo anna apocalypse!
i want to send you more info on this link but i don't have the mail service you use.
this may be of interest to you though. this shit is super dope fer real:
http://rapidshare.com/files/209965777/_Digitalia_.zip
email me at polehouseman@gmail.com if you want the bio and what not..
holler!!!
Post a Comment