Monday, January 12, 2009

Vetiver - Tight Knit

I first fell in love with Vetiver in 2006 when their sophomore album, To Find Me Gone, was released. Full of intricate folk arrangements and singer Andy Cabic's warm vocals, Vetiver seemed to be the missing link between the modern freak-folk movement and hazy '60s surf-pop. On their latest album, Tight Knit, due out on February 17th, Vetiver continue channeling their inner George Harrison, but also strive to introduce some new twists into their repertoire. You'll hear the George influence right away on opener, "Rolling Sea," but listen closely to "Sister," the following track, bursting with well-crafted pop and tight percussion. There's also the dreamy "Down From Above," the boppy "More Of This," and the general rich textures and pastoral melodies that give Tight Knit its vibrant colors. See, that's the thing about Vetiver; just when you have them pegged as another folk band, they go and write ten perfect pop songs that make you fall in love with them for the millionth time. If you haven't given this lovely band a listen yet, I suggest you start with Tight Knit and get yourself up to speed asap.

DOWNLOAD: Link Removed Per Label Request [Sub Pop]
Recommended Tracks: "Sister," "Everyday," "On The Other Side," "More Of This."

2 comments:

ad said...

OOh, I like this. Thank you very much.

aboriginal mice of paris said...

Awesome! I'm taking this. Thanks.

Also, Asobi Seksu and Coconut Records are out there now in case you didn't already know.

- Greg