Ever since their S/T debut album came out last September, I wanted to like Los Angeles noise band, Health. I downloaded their album, listened to it, and then decided that it was a bit too noisy and not melodic enough for my tastes. Fast forward several months later and I happened upon a live performance by Health on YouTube. Needless to say, they blew me away and I decided to give them a second chance, which brings us up to speed with this entry. This Tuesday, Health are releasing
Health//Disco, a remix album of their debut album that I shunned last year. I figured no better time like the present to give them a second chance, right? I guess all it took was some beats and a little melodic cohesion, because after one listen, I can actually get on-board with this remixed version of Health. Noisy slabs of sound like "Triceratops," " Crimewave," and "Heaven" turn into electro-fueled dance tracks that, while they won't exactly be played at a club any time soon, are still full of enough beats to provide the soundtrack to any hipster dance party. I might not be a huge fan of Health on recordings, but
Health//Disco definitely proves that this quartet has a lot more to them than squalls of sound.
DOWNLOAD: Link Removed Per Label Request [
Lovepump United]
Recommended Tracks: "Triceratops (Acid Girls Rmx A)," "Crimewave (Crystal Castles Vs Health)," "Problem Is (Thrust Lab Rmx)," "Perfect Skin (Curses! Rmx)."
3 comments:
I had a bet with my friend that today's entry was going to be for the new Weezer, boy am I glad I was wrong, because that album is almost as bad as Make Believe, which I didn't even think was possible. I didn't love the HEALTH debut either, and this got a negative from PF last FRiday, but I'll check it out on your recommendation.
Thanks ANNA,
- SAM
FIRONLINE
www.FIRONLINE.net
The Online Home Of Film In Review
O, I'm dumb. Pitch Fork liked this album, it was the other one they didn't. Check your facts, check your facts!
gobbledigook!!!!!!
Post a Comment