Sunday, February 08, 2009

Say Hi - Oohs And Aahs

Ever since I first heard the song "I Think I'll Be A Good Ghost" from Say Hi (back then, Say Hi To Your Mom)'s 2005 album, Ferocious Mopes, I knew Eric Elbogen's Brooklyn-based band was one I definitely wanted to keep tabs on. Since then, Elbogen and his band of contributers have continued to write great under-the-radar indie-pop songs. Now they're a bit above the radar and releasing their Barsuk records debut, Oohs And Aahs, next month. Brimming with soaring chords and Elbogen's signature mumble-singing, it appears that a large indie label budget hasn't changed the staunchly DIY Elbogen. The only real differences is a scattering of horns here and there ("Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh"), some synths ("November Was White, December Was Grey"), and maybe a more confident-sounding Elbogen. The hooks are still present and this album will definitely delight and not alienate Say Hi fans. Oohs And Aahs may only be a half an hour long, but its ten tracks are catchy and insightful enough that you'll find yourself listening to it on repeat all month long.

DOWNLOAD: Link Removed Per Request [Barsuk]
Recommended Tracks: "Hallie And Henry," "Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh," "November Was White, December Was Grey," "One, Two ... One."

1 comment:

ad said...

diggin this

thanks