Merry fucking Christmas, indeed. It sort of figures that the most anticipated album of 2009 would leak on Christmas day. With a LP release date only a week and a half away, Animal Collective's eighth studio album,
Merriweather Post Pavilion, found its way to the internet today via an early vinyl rip and then a subsequent 160 kbps rip (which can be found below). During the recording of
MPP, many fans speculated as to whether or not the album would sound more like Panda Bear's 2007 defining album,
Person Pitch. Less abrasive than 2007's
Strawberry Jam, it appears that Animal Collective have gone for a more dreamy like, Panda Bear-esque quality on
MPP. The album starts off slow and suddenly explodes at a little over two minutes into opener, "In The Flowers." From that point, the rest of
MPP flows together beautifully and never quite gets too comfortable, from the signature vocal acrobatics of "My Girls," to the sticky sunshine pop of "Summertime Clothes," to the eerie organ shrieks of "Daily Routine, and the spastic vocal delivery on "Lion in a Coma," the men of Animal Collective keep fans guessing all along. Thanks for new jams, Santa!
DOWNLOAD:
Link Removed Per Request [
Domino]
Recommended Tracks: "My Girls," "Summertime Clothes," "Daily Routine," "Bluish," "Brothersport."
10 comments:
Hey Anna,
These tracks aren't named.
I could probably find them somewhere, but I thought I'd let you know.
thanks!
Yeah I know, go to Amazon or Wikipedia to get the tracklisting.
Already on my "best of 2009" list. AC just keeps improving with every release.
tracks:
1. Animal Collective - in the flowers (5:24)
2. Animal Collective - my girls (5:42)
3. Animal Collective - also frightened (5:16)
4. Animal Collective - summertime clothes (4:32)
5. Animal Collective - daily routine (5:48)
6. Animal Collective - bluish (5:15)
7. Animal Collective - guys eyes (4:32)
8. Animal Collective - taste (3:55)
9. Animal Collective - lion in a coma (4:14)
10. Animal Collective - no more runnin (4:25)
11. Animal Collective - brother sport (5:59)
:) Thanks
Lukas,
Here's a hint. Enjoy the record.
"Best of 2009 already!"
lol
Johnny,
Thanks for the hint. I am enjoying it quite a lot.
lol
I am new to Animal Collective. The cover from Strawberry Jam was just a little too distasteful for me.
A couple listens in I'm wondering about the epicness of the instrumentation and songwriting. It is then coupled with the amazingly small vocals. I don't like the match.
Alas, I won't give up.
Distasteful? Dude, it wasn't a photo of one of the strawberries that got squashed on September 11th.
The vocals are lovely, I don't know what you mean.
Maybe AC's best release to date....
Post a Comment