Due to this dreaded leak drought, I'm sorely lacking in the new albums department. However, I did recently stumble upon Son Ambulance's album that was released last month and my love of Saddle Creek has prompted me to post it for everyone. Although they're not one of the more well-known Saddle Creek bands, Son Ambulance are still worth checking if you haven't before. On their long awaited third album,
Someone Elses Deja Vu, the Omaha trio prove that their four-year gap between releases was well spent learning some new tricks. Featuring guest appearances from members of The Faint and Tilly and the Wall,
Deja Vu zips along a bit faster than SA's prior albums, a rather surprising feat given that it's basically an hour long. The one thing that always irritated me about SA was their meandering folk side, but it seems that principal songwriter, Joe Knapp, would rather write shuffling pop songs now (listen to the marching band drums and whistles on "A Girl In New York City," for example), instead of playing into the indie-folk genre that Saddle Creek built their empire out of. It's a smart move on Knapp's part, as
Someone Elses Deja Vu comes bursting out of the gate like a charming underdog that you can't help but fall for.
DOWNLOAD:
Son Ambulance - Someone Elses Deja Vu [
Saddle Creek]
Recommended Tracks: "A Girl In New York City," "Horizons," "Juliet's Son," "Someone Elses Deja Vu."
13 comments:
Dreaded leak drought??? There's new albums by High Places, Bloc Party, David Byrne & Brian Eno, two albums by Mount Eeerie, The New Year, The Sea And The Cake, Kimya Dawson, Chairlift, Mercury Rev and the soundtrack to de Damon Albarn opera. I understand you only post music you like, but we're really far from a leak drought.
And thanks for Son Ambulance. Never heard from them, the cover art is pretty cool.
and then this NEW Skeletal Lamping!!!!
no doubt! you may have a limited palette (or just not very good connections), Anna but there is no leak drought. Add the following to the above:
the sea and cake, the verve, don cabbalero, joseph arthur,
Nouvelle Vague, stereolab, chemical brothers, amon tobin, van-she, the stills, holly golighty, CSS, spearhead, flying lotus, the tinics, the grates, semi precious weapons, brazilian girls, mercury rev and on and on
We're in a leak drought as far as I'm concerned. Nouvelle Vague would be nice to hear, but the rest . . . . meh.
a_z
both high places and byrne/eno are amongst the best things I've heard all year. have you checked them out?
anna i need you more than ever.
oM has leaked, but i have comcast and they prevent me from downloading torrents. I NEED YOU!!!!!!!
and if you wanna PM me on last.fm before your review, i wouldn't complain.
i wish i could do something in return for you...
leak drought, my ass. you have got to be kidding me!
LOLZ JK ANNA I GAWT IT BUT I STILL WUV U AND WILL DO ANYTHING U ASK
of montreal
http://www.mediafire.com/?umyg1yg4mgx
thanks anonymous 3:01 PM.
Double thanks! This album's a wee bit disappointing so far though... at least not as good as "Id Engager" let on. It's starting to look like the brilliance of 'Hissing Fauna', and it's surprising focus, may have been a late-period fluke, I'm not sure if we'll see anything that good from them again.
S.
A Girl in NYC reminds me of Paul Simon. Horizons reminds of Simon and Garkfunkel. Heh. Pretty good, thanks for posting this. Funny - I ordered some stuff from Saddle-Creek last week and they through in a bunch of Son Ambulance stickers for free. I open up PA and their album is right at the top of your page, how convenient. :)
there's a leak drought.
but the new growing is great!
you should post that.
Post a Comment