When I learned that Nada Surf was recording an all covers album for their sixth full length, I wasn't completely surprised. Having a vast repertoire of covers under their belt (from Iggy Pop and The Smiths to OMD and the Pixies), Nada Surf are certainly no strangers to the art of the cover song. On
If I Had A Hi-Fi, the group attacks a variety of different artists from the more modern (Spoon, the Soft Pack) to the classic (Moody Blues, Depeche Mode, Kate Bush). The end result is a well-rounded collection with each song given Nada Surf's catchy indie-pop treatment. If Nada Surf ever feel like taking another break from writing original material further down the road, I fully support their decision to record more covers. Still, let's hope they have a few more albums worth of new songs left in them first.
DOWNLOAD:
Nada Surf - If I Had A Hi-Fi [Mardev
]
Recommended Tracks: "Electrocution" (Bill Fox), "Enjoy The Silence" (Depeche Mode), "Love And Anger" (Kate Bush)," "Agony of Lafitte" (Spoon), "Question" (Moody Blues)."
1 comment:
thanks to the cover of bill fox, I decided to check him out. His album Shelter from the Smoke is one of the best Ive heard in a long while. On par with anything Ive heard this year. Check it out.
Post a Comment