1. Animal Collective – Merriweather Post Pavilion -->DOWNLOAD
2. Phoenix – Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix -->DOWNLOAD
3. The Antlers – Hospice -->DOWNLOAD
4. Sonic Youth – The Eternal -->DOWNLOAD
5. Dirty Projectors – Bitte Orca -->DOWNLOAD
6. Handsome Furs – Face Control -->DOWNLOAD
7. Girls – Album -->DOWNLOAD
8. Passion Pit – Manners -->DOWNLOAD
9. Decibully - World Travels Fast -->DOWNLOAD
10. Atlas Sound – Logos -->DOWNLOAD
11. Metric – Fantasies -->DOWNLOAD
12. Matt and Kim – Grand -->DOWNLOAD
13. St. Vincent – Actor -->DOWNLOAD
14. The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart – S/T -->DOWNLOAD
15. Akron/Family – Set ‘Em Wild, Set ‘Em Free -->DOWNLOAD
16. Beirut – March of the Zapotec / Realpeople – Holland -->DOWNLOAD
17. Wilco – Wilco (The Album) -->DOWNLOAD
18. Discovery – LP -->DOWNLOAD
19. Yeah Yeah Yeahs – It’s Blitz! -->DOWNLOAD
20. Cursive – Mama, I’m Swollen -->DOWNLOAD
21. Grizzly Bear – Veckatimest -->DOWNLOAD
22. Real Estate – S/T -->DOWNLOAD
23. The Thermals – Now We Can See -->DOWNLOAD
24. Dead Man’s Bones – Dead Man’s Bones -->DOWNLOAD
25. Kid Sister – Ultraviolet -->DOWNLOAD

14 comments:
Anna!
Nice list, we overlap on a couple things, and there's a bunch here I still need to check out (I grabbed Kid Sister, because I really shouldn't trust Pitchfork's pan of the thing.)
Here's ten from 09 I dig:
Dirty Projectors - "Bitte Orca"
OOIOO - "Armonico Hewa"
Animal Collective - "Merriweather Post"
The xx - "xx"
Mount Eerie - "Wind's Poem"
Mastodon - "Crack the Skye"
Tiny Vipers - "Life on Earth"
jj - "jjnø2"
The Flaming Lips - "Embryonic"
Miranda Lambert - "Revolution"
Also, we've got something going on in early 2010 we'd kinda like your help with should you be free. I'll drop you a line about it when I've got more info.
Very nice list. i agree with a lot of it.
here's mine:
1. Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavillion
2: Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
3: Islands - Vapors
4: Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca
5: Grizzly Bear Veckatimest
6: Yacht - See Mystery Lights
7: Sunset Rubdown - Dragonslayer
8. Au Revoir Simone - Still Light, Still Night
9. Various Artists - Dark Was The Night
10. St. Vincent - Actor
The XX - "XX"
Girls - "Lust for Life"
The Horrors - "Primary Colours"
Animal Collective - "Merriweather Post Pavillion"
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - S/T
Antlers - Hospice
Camera Obscura - "My Maudlin Career"
Yeah Yeah Yeahs – "It’s Blitz!"
Yo La Tengo - "Popular Songs"
Memory Tapes - "Seek Magic"
my top 9 of '09
1) memory tapes - seek magic 2) grizzly bear - veckatimest 3) animal collective - merriweather post pavilion 4) camera obscura - my maudlin career 5) bibio - vignetting the compost 6) washed out - life of leisure ep 7) yo... la tengo - popular songs 8) black moth super rainbow - eating us 9) dan auerbach - keep it hid
Discovery? Gross.
and even though Wilco is one of my favorite bands, i can't say the new album is anywhere close to their previous material.
Grizzly Bear should be bumped up quite a bit too.
Much props on recognizing how great that Handsome Furs album is..really under rated in my opinion.
ugh moth/wolf cub and sleigh bells are SO GOOD
Hi, big fan of your blog. I've just started my list so please check it out:
http:\\immortalcritic.blogspot.com
For now:
1. David Bazan – Curse Your Branches
2. Metric – Fantasies
3. Built to Spill – There is No Enemy
4. The Dodos – Time to Die
5. Bill Callahan – Sometimes I Wish We Were an Eagle
6. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart – s/t
7. M. Ward – Hold Time
8. Mum – Sing Along to Songs You Don’t Know
9. Chuck Ragan – Gold Country
10. Mirah – (a)spera
Awesome list, Awesome blog. How come no one is giving props to The Low Anthem?? When I do my list, in Mid February, mind you, it'll probably still be tops, unless Real Estate topples it. I can't stop listening to it. (I was raised Jersey Shore)
These are my final lists.
Albums
1 Dan Deacon - Bromst
2 Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavillion
3 Sunset Rubdown - Dragonslayer
4 Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
5 The XX - XX
6 VA - 5 : 5 Years of Hyperdub
7 Burial & Four Tet - Wolf Club & Moth
8 Bill Callahan - Sometimes I Wish I Were an Eagle
9 Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca
10 Antlers - Hospice
Songs*
1 Burial & Four Tet - Moth http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Czl6-4lrr6Q
2 Dan Deacon - Snookered http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=-ysUbo4bED4
3 Grizzly Bear - While You Wait for the Others http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=mQ4jZeGUFzI
4 Fred Falke - Two Weeks http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=B6xOZILIcKk
5 Diamond Rings - All Yr Songs http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=o6IUKa25e80
6 Sunset Rubdown - Black Swan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJizd1JwRks
7 Blue Daisey - Space Ex http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Cd61OQ6HIG4
8 Joy Orbison - Hyph Mngo http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=vsJVW5apRmY
9 Delorean - Deli http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=43gmbza86AA
10 Sleigh Bells - Crown on the Ground http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=3z8ppcFGPlY
11 Girls - Lust for Life http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=SuoTjYYqe4c
12 Destroyer - Bay of Pigs http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvz0R0KX_E4#t=190
13 Joker - Digidesign http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=zzHOdfSHZgs
14 Animal Collective - In The Flowers http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=fYEAflCO4Eo
15 The Antlers - Wake http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=EH-jd5gYNIA
16 The XX - Crystalised http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Pib8eYDSFEI
17 Bill Callahan - Too Many Birds http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=z_weCYvN5KU
18 Flaming Lips - Watching the Planets http://www.nme.com/video/bcid/49582897001
19 Darkstar - Aidy's Girl's A Computer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie5y3M5mgmA
20 Jay Reatard - It Ain't Gonna Save Me http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=dG65eqfg6bc
*Only one song per artist is allowed
no one seems to have love for tortoise? their new album was great if you haven't heard it. also I don't know if it's your thing but the new Mount Eerie and LAKE albums are quite good as well.
ahhhh nice mention of LAKE. first i've heard in any of these discussions.
Asa Ransom's "The Gold EP" is something people should check out. I've been a big fan of it since it's release in October...
it's for free download on the bottom left of their site..
http://www.asaransom.net/
also....
Ah Holly Fam'ly's "Reservoir" ...
Post a Comment