Monday, December 21, 2009

Small Black - S/T EP and The Drums - Summertime EP

Tonight, I have two EP's for all of you that I've been listening to pretty much nonstop these past few weeks. First up is Small Black's self-titled EP which came out this fall on CassClub Records. Small Black sound like the Lost in Translation soundtrack, if it was released in 2009. Dream-pop vocals, atmospheric swells, and woozy synths coat this EP from track-to-track, making the Brooklyn quartet a notable band to watch in 2010.

DOWNLOAD: Small Black - Self-titled EP [CassClub]
Recommended Tracks: "Despicable Dogs," "Bad Lover," "Lady In The Wires."


Just like Small Black, The Drums also reside in Brooklyn, however their sound is a bit more spirited. With song titles like "I'll Never Drop My Sword" and "I Felt Supid," The Drums obviously have a sense of humor, but they still take their hooks very seriously. Check out their hit song, "Let's Go Surfing" for proof of their infectious melodies.

DOWNLOAD: The Drums - Summertime EP [Twentyseven Records]
Recommended Tracks: "Best Friend," "Let's Go Surfing," "I Felt Stupid," "Me & The Moon."

1 comment:

kadgi said...

In love with Small Black, great upload, thanks!