First off, I'm sorry for the blog neglect last month and thank you for sticking with me. The major leaks for 2009 have come and gone, but there are still a few gems that surfaced while I was on blog hiatus. I'll be posting those this week, starting tonight with Atlas Sound's Rough Trade EP. Packaged with copies of
Logos that were ordered directly from the Rough Trade store, the aptly titled
Rough Trade EP is an odds and ends collection of six songs that were leftover from the
Logos recording sessions. Starting off slow with the intricate guitar picking of "Ruben (Traditional)," the
Rough Trade EP is an adequate companion to
Logos, proving itself to be more than just a bunch of b-sides thrown together, especially with electronic and acoustic takes on different tracks from
Logos. Overall, if you're a huge fan of Atlas Sound and
Logos (one of the best albums of 2009, no doubt), you'll enjoy this EP.
DOWNLOAD:
Atlas Sound - Rough Trade EP [
4AD]
Recommended Tracks: "Criminals (Electronic)," "Kid Klimax (Acoustic)," "Reminder," "Nightwork."
No comments:
Post a Comment