Monday, November 09, 2009

Akron/Family - River [Single]

No full album leaks means I start to post singles, but in the case of this post, it's a worthwhile single. Akron/Family has released "River" as the next single from their fantastic 2009 album, Set 'Em Wild, Set 'Em Free, accompanied with a b-side called "Morning on Michigan Avenue (Thinking of Old Friends)." Naturally, seeing as I live in Chicago, I was intrigued by the title of the b-side, even if it may not be about the Michigan Avenue I know and loathe. While I'm still not sure which city the street in question refers to, the song itself is pretty decent, with a soft acoustic strumming leading into gentle vocal harmonies and calming atmospheric elements. It may not be the most standout track from the trio, but it's still worth several listens.

DOWNLOAD: Akron/Family - River Single [Dead Oceans]
Recommended Tracks: All tracks!

No comments: