Blasting out of the gate like it's their first album in ten years (when really, it's only been three), Built To Spill are truly a force to be reckoned with on their seventh full length,
There Is No Enemy. I know this leaked a few weeks ago, but I slept on it for awhile, so excuse the late post. Opener "Aisle 13" sounds like a '90s BTS song, with churning riffs, glorious feedback, and Doug Martsch's voice sounding as whiny as ever (but in a good way). "Hindsight" and "Good Ol' Boredom" are perfect examples of that classic BTS sound, with chiming guitars and slow-building melodies that opt out of exploding into a louder song to instead bask in their own simple elegance. There's a reason that BTS are still together instead of reuniting like other bands of their generation, they're still perfecting their timeless sound and coming up with new ways to sound fresh, even after seventeen years of playing together. If you're even a minor fan of BTS,
There Is No Enemy should move to the top of your "must listen to" list right now.
DOWNLOAD:
Built To Spill - There Is No Enemy [
Warner Brothers]
Recommended Tracks: "Aisle 13," "Hindsight," "Pat," "Planting Seeds," "Things Fall Apart."
1 comment:
Remember how for You In Reverse they released the WHO IS MIKE JONES? versions online? Did they do something similar for this one, I wonder? There are times I prefer the WHO IS MIKE JONES? versions over the actual album tracks.
Post a Comment