Thursday, May 26, 2011

Handsome Furs - Sound Kapital

Inspired by the '80s industrial/electronic music scene in Europe, Handsome Furs' newest album, Sound Kapital, was the first album of theirs to be written entirely on keyboards. As someone that was a huge fan of the Handsome Furs' guitar sound on 2009's Face Control, I was worried that this album might be too industrial for my liking. Luckily, it has just the right balance of electronica and fuzzed out guitars, as evidenced in the first two tracks, with the bouncy synth-driven "When I Get Back," and the hard-hitting guitar feedback of "Damage." With Sound Kapital, Dan Boeckner has pushed himself even further past Wolf Parade's limiting indie sound, to create an album that bridges together multiple genre perfectly. It may be too early to call it, but this might be the first great catchy album of the summer.

DOWNLOAD: Handsome Furs - Sound Kapital [Sub Pop]
Recommended Tracks: "When I Get Back," "Damage," "Bury Me Standing," "Serve The People," "Cheap Music."

1 comment:

Jer Jer Blogs said...

Havent seen these guys since they opened for arcade fire back in 2007. Looking forward to hearing their new stuff this saturday at NXNE