To say I was anticipating Cut Copy's third album,
Zonoscope, would be a huge understatement. After 2008's
In Ghost Colours became one of my favorite releases of the year, I was eager to see what the Australian trio had up their sleeves for their next album.
Zonoscope finds Cut Copy retaining their dance sound that fans know and love them for, but relying more on disco beats instead of a shoegaze wall of sound that could be heard on some of their darker songs in the past. This isn't a bad thing though, just a band exploring another aspect of their sound. In this case, Cut Copy took a more positive outlook on
Zonoscope and it shows in their optimistic lyrics and peppier beats, specifically on songs like "Take Me Over," "Where I'm Going," and "Sun God." To put it simply, there is no comparing
Zonoscope to
In Ghost Colours as both albums showcase a band at very different points in their career. While it still may take several listens for me to reach
In Ghost Colours-like obsession status with
Zonoscope, I'm willing to bet it will happen soon enough.
DOWNLOAD:
Cut Copy - Zonoscope [
Modular]
Recommended Tracks: "Take Me Over," "Where I'm Going," "This Is All We've Got," "Alisa," "Sun God."
2 comments:
its great to have you back!
Album art by Tsunehisa Kimura. =oD
http://www.metafilter.com/101900/Photo-Montages-of-Tsunehisa-Kimura
Post a Comment