Saturday, December 18, 2010

Top 25 Albums of 2010

With two weeks left in 2010, I figured it was time to post my top albums of the year list that I finished earlier this month. Overall, I think 2010 was a great year for music and what made it so interesting is that there was no obvious #1 album in most of the lists I've seen so far (unlike last year when Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion dominated every single year end list). Feel free to critique my list or post your own in the comments. Happy new year, everyone! Thanks for reading.

25. M.I.A. - /\/\ /\ Y /\ --->DOWNLOAD

24. Tim Kasher - The Game of Monogamy --->DOWNLOAD

23. Wolf Parade - Expo 86 --->DOWNLOAD

22. Girl Talk - All Day --->DOWNLOAD

21. Les Savy Fav - Root For Ruin --->DOWNLOAD

20. Sufjan Stevens - The Age of Adz --->DOWNLOAD

19. Tokyo Police Club - Champ --->DOWNLOAD

18. Small Black - New Chain --->DOWNLOAD

17. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy --->DOWNLOAD

16. Vampire Weekend - Contra --->DOWNLOAD

15. Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - The Brutalist Bricks --->DOWNLOAD

14. Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty --->DOWNLOAD

13. Sleigh Bells - Treats --->DOWNLOAD

12. Surfer Blood - Astro Coast --->DOWNLOAD

11. Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest --->DOWNLOAD

10. Wild Nothing - Gemini --->DOWNLOAD

09. Miles Kurosky - The Desert of Shallow Effects --->DOWNLOAD

08. Wavves - King of the Beach --->DOWNLOAD

07. Best Coast - Crazy For You --->DOWNLOAD

06. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs --->DOWNLOAD

05. LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening --->DOWNLOAD

04. No Age - Everything In Between --->DOWNLOAD

03. Beach House - Teen Dream --->DOWNLOAD

02. The National - High Violet --->DOWNLOAD

01. Broken Social Scene - Forgiveness Rock Record --->DOWNLOAD

4 comments:

Timothy said...

Thanks for doing this! I know you're likely busy with school & giftmas. Some of these I haven't heard of, so I'm grabbing them. Merry Giftmas.

gabriela said...

Forgiveness Rock Record has not gotten the love it deserves. Good call.

Also overlooked this year (except by Spin which placed it# 7 overall) is the Grinderman 2 albnum. Nick Cave & Co. shine when spitting out muscle sex jams!

Good picks overall!

J-Rutt said...

I am glad somebody finally posted "Forgiveness Rock Record" on their Top 10, let alone #1. I was beginning to think I was the only one that absolutely loved that album.

csmooth24 said...

isn't it kind of ironic you have wavves on top of best coast? ;)